Over the years I have heard or read many worthwhile
sayings. The following is a list of thoughts that have stayed
with me. I would like to share them with you. I've also
sprinkled some of my own into the mix. Put this list on
a wall, in your wallet or on your desk. Copy it for a friend
or co-worker. This list hangs on the wall in my office as
a reminder-through the tough times, the good times and the
best of times.
~ Joe Sowerby
- Write it down.
- Be patient.
- What goes around, comes around.
- Control your ego… (ouch).
- Do what you say, say what you do.
- Respect time-yours and everyone else's.
- Keep your cool.
- Don't surrender.
- Whatever is eating at you, let it go.
- Keep other's secrets a secret.
- Talk less, listen well. (You have twice as many ears as
tongues for a reason)
- If you don't know where you're going, then where are you
- Do your best to deal with the decision-maker.
- Brainstorm with others.
- Admit when you don't know.
- Anticipate problems and, if possible, head them off at
- Ignoring a problem won't make it go away.
- Don't whine much.
- Build a deal like a house…don't take shortcuts.
- Tell the truth and you won't have to remember what you've
- Get to the point…and get the point.
- Be honest, not brutal, about value.
- When selling, leave enough room for the next guy.
- Don't act like a big shot.
- Be confident in your ability but modest about your talent.
- Be consistent…not predictable.
- Lead by example.
- Don't let bastards get you down.
- Do not underestimate people.
- Be thankful for what you have.
- Make the present a compass for your future.
- Appreciate what is coming in; don't dwell on what is lost.
- You're a professional-so behave like one.
- Worry is the interest paid on things that never happen.
- Don't blow tomorrow's long-term business romance for today's
- It's better to be nice.
- A satisfied customer tells five people…a dissatisfied
customer tells five hundred. Make them happy.
- Relax. God is in charge.